Sunday, August 16, 2015

Two die in separate motorcycle crashes in Floyd, Bartow. Two local elected officials switch to GOP. Tillman Clocktower race results. This week across Northwest Georgia. Rain on the way. Latest sports updates.

For continuing coverage, please stay with and

Ware Mechanical forecast

  • Rain on the way: 20-30% rain chance today, high of 90. 70% chance on Monday. 


  • Coroner: Rome man from injuries of motorcycle crash on U.S. 27 at Cedar Ave. Crash
  • Bartow EMS: Man dies from injuries in motorcycle accident in Bartow County. Bartow
  • Tillman Memorial Clocktower race raises $20K for Family Resource Center, plus race results. Clocktower
  • GOP Rally: Floyd Sheriff Tim Burkhalter and Clerk of Court Barbara Penson join Republican party. GOP
  • This week: Classes resume at Darlington, Shorter. Government meetings. U.S. Rep. Tom Graves' community forum. Kickoff of High School football and more. Week
  • AJC: Husband, kids of Cartersville missionary killed in truck crash out of hospital. Missionary
  • Demolition off Fifth Avenue behind Publix. Video
  • Obituaries: Remembering Jerry Godfrey, Sr. and Lucy Ware Greene. Funerals
  • Public Health restaurant inspections scores, brought to you by Dr. Miniyar Pediatrics. Dining
  • Area arrest reports brought to you by Midian Roofing. CrimeWatch

Regular features:

Chick-fil-A Dwarf House Sports Report

  • Shorter football completes first week of practice with positive results.
  • Highly-touted Cuban infielder Hector Olivera to join Rome Braves on Sunday.
  • Rome Braves sweep Saturday doubleheader over Lexington, 8-2 and 3-2.
  • Today: At home vs. Lexington, 2 p.m.
  • Atlanta Braves fall to Diamondbacks, 8-4.
  • Today: At Turner Field vs. Diamondbacks, 1:35 p.m.

Hometown Headlines Radio Edition on WRGA 98.7 FM:
Join us Monday with guests:

  • From 7:40 until 8:30 a.m., school board members Chip Hood and Jay Shell join us to talk about what's next for the Floyd school system.
  • At 8:40 a.m.: Gail Garland of Harbor House on Roman Rumble, Sept. 19.

No comments: