Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The no-show storm: 2.2 inches of rain, gusts to 25 mph but no severe weather (whew). More wind today, colder tonight. Publix work to begin. Doll coming to RiverWalk

For these and today's latest updates, please see
The storm that wasn't: Severe weather spares Georgia.

-Almost 2.2 inches of rain here in two days.

-Rivers rising but way below flood risk.

-Wind advisory today, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Gusts to 40 mph.

-Wednesday: 40% chance of rain, high of 50, low of 30. Wind advisory.

-Thursday: High of 48, low of low of 26.

-Friday: 20% rain chance, high of 55, low of 37; rain chance overnight: 80%


Work on Publix set to begin, according to Construction Journal. The store is at least 10 months away.


Doll coming to RiverWalk on Feb. 1

-Women's store has formal opening planned in one-time Sundae's venue.

-Restaurant coming to Etowah Crossing? Activity in one suite has merchants talking about new tenant; no names yet.


Latest county jail reports.


Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, WRGA 1470 AM, 7-9 a.m. weekdays. Listen live online

-Please join our guests Wednesday including:
-Scotty Hancock, Floyd County's Emergency Management director, on our latest storm threat.
-Mary Hardin Thornton of Keep Rome Floyd Beautiful on Bring One for the Chipper.

No comments: